The Health & Safety Executive recommends a five step process to assess the risks:
- Step 1 Identify the hazards
- Step 2 Decide who might be harmed and how
- Step 3 Evaluate the risks and decide on precautions
- Step 4 Record your findings and implement them
- Step 5 Review your assessments when appropriate and update if necessary
Obviously, some workplaces are inherently more risky than others. Even in relatively low risk environments such as offices, you are obliged to carry out the risk assessment process and for good reason as office related injuries are numerous because so many of us work in them. So, risks from such things as poorly set up workstations, trip and slip hazards, driving on company business, incorrectly lifting that PC or Printer etc. need to be addressed.
If you need some help in dealing with this because you have no one with the time or expertise to do it for you, then we would be happy to help.
Our aim is to help you meet your Health & Safety obligations with the minimum of fuss so that you are able to demonstrate your compliance with the law and even more importantly, so that you end up with a safer workplace for you and your staff.