The First Aid at Work – FAW course meets the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
This First Aid at Work training course provides employees or individuals with the necessary skills and confidence to deal promptly and effectively with First Aid emergencies.
Again Peopletime offer this as an open course so that organisations can send just one or two people along but we are also able to offer this as an on-site course for up to 12 individuals for those larger organisations that need a number of first aiders.
Who Is The Course For?
This course is suitable for those businesses that require designated First Aiders in the workplace.
This course is run over 3 days and contains 18 hours contact teaching time.
The First Aid at Work training course covers the following core elements:
- Use of first aid equipment, incident recording, hygiene and prevention of cross infection
- Assessing and managing emergencies
- Managing an unconscious casualty
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Management of choking
- Control of bleeding
- Treating shock
- Managing injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Managing suspected spinal injuries and head injuries
- Drowning and hypothermia
- Heat exhaustion
- Treatment of burns and scalds, eye injuries, sudden poisoning
- Recognising the presence of major illness and providing first aid to a casualty suffering from chest pain, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes, anaphylactic shock
- Managing minor injuries: (cuts, grazes, bruises, small splinters)
On successful completion of the First Aid at Work training course and final assessment, candidates will receive the HSE Approved, nationally recognised, First Aid at Work – FAW Certificate valid for three years.
We aim to achieve
Pragmatic, professional advice
Excellent customer service
Value for money