The HSE First Aid at Work Refresher course is required to maintain the qualification.
We offer this course over two days as either an open course or on your own premises helping you ensure that your First Aiders maintain their qualification and you continue to meet your obligations under the legislation.
Who Is The Course For?
This First Aid at Work refresher course is for those candidates who have completed a previous 3 day First Aid at Work course. Candidates who attend this course must hold a current First Aid at Work certificate that is due to expire within 3 months. Alternatively candidates that have an expired certificate can attend if it is up to 28 days post expiry date – after this the candidate would need to undertake a 3 day initial First Aid at Work course again.
This course is run over 2 days and contains 12 hours contact teaching time.
- Use of first aid equipment, incident recording, hygiene and prevention of cross infection
- Assessing and managing emergencies
- Managing an unconscious casualty
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Management of choking
- Control of bleeding
- Wound management
- Treating shock
- Managing injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Managing suspected spinal injuries
- Drowning and hypothermia
- Heat exhaustion
- Treatment of burns and scalds, eye injuries, sudden poisoning, anaphylactic shock
- Recognising the presence of major illness and providing first aid to a casualty suffering from chest pain, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes
- Managing minor injuries: (cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
On successful completion of the HSE First Aid at Work refresher training course and final assessment, candidates will receive the HSE Approved, nationally recognised, First Aid at Work – FAW Certificate valid for three years.
We aim to achieve
Pragmatic, professional advice
Excellent customer service
Value for money