It can also be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
Who Is The Course For?
The Paediatric First Aid training course is for those working with children up to eight years old. This course focuses on first aid incidents that are commonly faced by teachers, childminders, au pairs, playgroup leaders and others working in a nursery, daycare or home setting along with parents and family members.
Number of Candidates
This course is offered for a maximum of 12 candidates.
The Paediatric First Aid training course consists of 12 hours of training usually split over two days. (We sometimes run this course over consecutive weekends for Childminders etc.)
The Paediatric First Aid training course is interactive and fun and is taught in a very hands-on manner. It equips you with the skills to be able to recognise and respond to a first aid emergency in a safe and efficient manner. Your staff will be trained not only in how to treat an injury but also how to prevent common accidents occurring and the knowledge of what type of injuries are common with each age group.
- Accident / Incident Management
- The role of the first aider
- Communicating with a casualty
- Contents of first aid kits
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Dealing with bleeding and shock
- Burns and scalds
- Electric shock
- Foreign objects in eye/nose/ear
- Meningitis, Diabetes, Sickle Cell Anaemia
- Recognition and management of suspected sprains/strains/fractures
- Medical conditions specific to the needs of pupils/children as time allows
This course is certified on the basis of continuous assessment by the trainer.
The course content meets Ofsted requirements and includes the cost of manuals and certificates (valid for three years).
We aim to achieve
Pragmatic, professional advice
Excellent customer service
Value for money
Get in touch